What Whee Do, March 4 - 9
Did you attend the Tarzan of the Apes performance on Tuesday, Feb. 26?. Ceillie Simkiss
Get ready for another week of great activities! There are activities for music lovers, movie buffs and even those who want to experience the circus!
Monday, March 4:
- You won't be disappointed with a morning sipping coffee in the fresh air while watching the sun rise over Cullowhee and WCU at the observation look-out on Airport Road.
- After powering up your brain with a Freshens' smoothie, take on The Western Carolinian crossword puzzle. Try not to cheat!
Tuesday, March 5:
- At 3 p.m., head over to the University Center Cardinal Room on the second floor for a discussion on gender, sponsored by the Intergroup Dialogue Committee and CEAP Diversity Committee.
- Hit the Campus Recreation Center at 6 p.m. to watch the Intramural Basketball Championship! Don't know anyone playing? Go with your friends and cheer for the team with the best or strangest team name!
- At 7:30 p.m., the School of Music presents the Balaton Chamber Brass concert in the Coulter Recital Hall. Professors Dr. Andrew Adams, Dan Cherry and Amy Cherry will perform during the show.
Wednesday, March 6:
- At 8 a.m., the annual Women's Studies Gender Conference begins in the University Center Grand Room.
- Eat an early dinner then check out the Power Pump workout in the CRC, room 208. The strength class begins at 5:30 p.m.
- Kesha Nichols comes to WCU as a leadership speaker for a presentation at 7 p.m. in the University Center Grand Room. The event is free.
Thursday, March 7:
- Today is a musical day! The Mountain Heritage Center hosts its First Thursdays Concert and Jam with Locust Honey at 7:00 p.m. followed by an open mic at 8 p.m. Free admission.
- The Smoky Mountain High School Band will perform a concert in the Coulter Recital Hall also at 7 p.m.
- In the Bardo Arts Center Theater, the School of Music's Winter Choral Concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. Both the University Chorus and the Concert Choir will perform, with special guest Ola Gjeilo.
Friday, March 8:The circus is in town!
- At the Ramsey Main Arena, enjoy the Piccadilly Circus at 4:30 p.m. and again at 7:30 p.m. Go to thefuncircus.com for discounted tickets.
- There will be a Humans vs. Zombies meeting at 5 p.m. in the Bardo Arts Center, room 130.
- Get ready, ladies! "Magic Mike" is coming to campus. The show starts in the UC Theater at 9 p.m.
Saturday, March 9:
- Wake up early and help out at the Catman2, Inc. rescue shelter on Bo Cove Road in Cullowhee. They are always looking for eager volunteers to help with their many, many cats!
- Drop by The Coffee Shop, Sylva's oldest cafÃ©. Try one of their many pies and a delicious burger! Try to figure out what all the special license plates say.
- While you're downtown, play a competitive game of window shopping with your friends. Find a store with a big window and play "I Spy." The winner gets to pick out a small treat from the store for the others to gift him/her with!
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Western Carolinian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR WESTERN CAROLINIAN NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST WESTERN CAROLINIAN NEWS
RECENT WESTERN CAROLINIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest