Western Carolina University students write, edit, and produce The Western Carolinian as a bi-weekly printed publication and as an online Internet site to serve the information needs of WCU students and others interested in or involved with campus activities.
The First Amendment and the public's right to know guarantee the right to a free press at Western Carolina University. The Editor-in-Chief and newspaper staff are fully responsible for generating the content of the paper. All others should recognize the right of the Editor-in-Chief and newspaper staff to operate a free and responsible press.
Since 1933, Western Carolina University students have written, edited, and produced The Western Carolinian as a printed publication and since 1999 as an online Internet site to serve the information needs of WCU students and others interested in or involved with campus activities. It is the mission of The Western Carolinian to serve the Western Carolina University community by providing thorough coverage of news, sports, entertainment and culture relevant to current themes, topics and trends within this community. In addition, The Western Carolinian strives to provide a place for all people to be heard on all ideas, and to do this in as respectful a manner as possible. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of journalism by providing coverage that is accurate, unbiased, and in the interests of the public.
The Western Carolinian print edition is distributed every other Friday during the fall and spring semesters and on the third Friday of every month during the summer semester. The Western Carolinian website is updated weekly.
The Western Carolinian has two advisers, a journalism adviser and a faculty adviser.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Western Carolinian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR WESTERN CAROLINIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST WESTERN CAROLINIAN NEWS
RECENT WESTERN CAROLINIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program