Western Carolina University students write, edit, and produce The Western Carolinian as a bi-weekly printed publication and as an online Internet site to serve the information needs of WCU students and others interested in or involved with campus activities.
The First Amendment and the public's right to know guarantee the right to a free press at Western Carolina University. The Editor-in-Chief and newspaper staff are fully responsible for generating the content of the paper. All others should recognize the right of the Editor-in-Chief and newspaper staff to operate a free and responsible press.
Since 1933, Western Carolina University students have written, edited, and produced The Western Carolinian as a printed publication and since 1999 as an online Internet site to serve the information needs of WCU students and others interested in or involved with campus activities. It is the mission of The Western Carolinian to serve the Western Carolina University community by providing thorough coverage of news, sports, entertainment and culture relevant to current themes, topics and trends within this community. In addition, The Western Carolinian strives to provide a place for all people to be heard on all ideas, and to do this in as respectful a manner as possible. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of journalism by providing coverage that is accurate, unbiased, and in the interests of the public.
The Western Carolinian print edition is distributed every other Friday during the fall and spring semesters and on the third Friday of every month during the summer semester. The Western Carolinian website is updated weekly.
The Western Carolinian has two advisers, a journalism adviser and a faculty adviser.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent Western Carolinian News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR WESTERN CAROLINIAN
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST WESTERN CAROLINIAN NEWS
RECENT WESTERN CAROLINIAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- News Site Rantt Takes The Time to Get It Right
- The Opioid Crisis' Latest Victims: Addicted Babies
- The Importance of Protecting Patents
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Award Programs
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards