Our ideas for fun are endless! See a documentary, travel to Asheville, explore Cullowhee, attend Safe Spring Break Lawn Day and more.
Sunday, March 17:
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Pinch a friend or two who forgot to wear green!
- Have you registered for classes yet? Take an hour or two to surf through the classes being offered in the fall and summer. See anything interesting? Work on your degree audit and plan what you want to take each semester until your graduation.
- Head over to Asheville to see the Western Carolina University Wind Ensemble perform at the Diana Wortham Theater at 3 p.m.
Monday, March 18:
- Join Base Camp Cullowhee for trail maintenance at 2 p.m. Volunteer your time by picking up trash, raking leaves, etc. with BCC. If you are interested, email Josh Whitmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get your workout in with Butts & Guts at the CRC, room 208. The class starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Explore your University’s home. Drive away from Sylva on Highway 107 from the main entrance of campus for at least 50 minutes. What did you discover?
Tuesday, March 19:
- At 5 p.m., check out the E.M.B.E.R. (Experienced Men Begin re-Examining Reality) meeting and discussion in the University Center Multipurpose Room A.
- In the UC Grand Room, there will be a presentation by Student Community Ethics and Greek Life called “Marijuana: The Necessary or Unnecessary.” The discussion starts at 6:30 p.m.
- Check out the film “Daisy Bates: First Lady of Little Rock” in the UC Theater at 7:30 p.m. There will be a Q&A session after the film with filmmaker Sharon A. La Cruise. Free admission.
Wednesday, March 20:
- Happy Safe Spring Break Lawn Day! Several departments, including Student Community Ethics and Greeks Advocating Mature Management of Alcohol, come together to provide a day of programs dedicated to having a safe Spring Break. There will even be a corn hole tournament, but you must wear beer goggles! The fun begins at 10 a.m.
- Once again, the Technology Commons will be in the Courtyard Dining Hall, beginning at 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, March 21:
- Treat yourself to lunch! Try a restaurant in downtown Sylva that you have never been to before. What interesting menu item can you find?
- Hit the Intramural Fields! Play Ultimate Frisbee, kick around a soccer ball, run around the track! Get up and get out!
- There will be a free kayak roll clinic with Base Camp Cullowhee at 7 p.m. in the Reid Gym, room 128. Boats will be provided.
Friday, March 22:
- Gather your friends together for a huge breakfast the Courtyard Dining Hall. One last meal together before a week apart during Spring Break.
- Attend your classes for the day, then you are home free!! Have a wonderful, safe Spring Break.