Congratulations to the following students whose work has been selected to appear in the 2001 edition of Nomad, WCU’s art and literary magazine.
- Bridget Fitzgerald: “Writing Chalkboard Letters”
- Sabrina Kumar: “Jamaican Triptych” and “haiku”
- Michael McCollum: “Cliff’s Notes”
- Crystal Olson: “Topsy-Turvy” and “Memories of Omaha”
- Virginia Culp: “Neurotic Distortions of the Creative Process”
- Terri Collins: “The Mimosa Fairy”
- Susan Montalban: “The Definition of Avoidance” and “Winter Break Travel Guide”
- Sheena Donnelly: “Dawning” and “A Night Alone”
- Jason Sheets: “Take Me With You, Father”
- Hannah Crane: “Billy Joe Swing” and “After the Body Comes the End”
- Brittany Bremer: “Mute” and “Shoes”
These pieces will comprise the literary portion of Nomad, representing a wide variety of styles and types of writing including poetry, fiction, and script-writing. All students, regardless of major, are encouraged to contribute their work to the annual magazine. Submissions are accepted during the Fall semester, and pieces are judged anonymously through a secret ballot voting process.
The art department is currently accepting submissions. Nomad will be released toward the end of the semester.
For more information, e-mail email@example.com or contact the English department at 227-7264. Inquiries regarding art should be directed to the art department at 227-7210 or through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.