There is a stigma that goes along with Western Carolina University: “There’s nothing to do here!” We at The Western Carolinian would like to change that, for all of us on staff know that there is plenty to do. However, sometimes, it is hard to get the word out to students. Here, you can find an entire week’s worth of events, activities and fun to keep you entertained!
Monday, Feb. 11:
· Visit the Jackson County Library in Sylva, which opens at 10:30 a.m.
· Do Pilates at 4:30 p.m. in the CRC, room 208 at WCU
· Attend the men’s basketball game vs. Wofford at 7 p.m. in the Ramsey Center
Tuesday, Feb. 12:
· See a movie at Quin Theaters
· Volunteer during The Community Table’s dinner rush
· Attend the double reeds and strings concert in the Coulter Recital Hall at 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb 13:
· Work out with the sunrise cycle at 6:30 a.m. in the CRC 207.
· Attend the G.L.O.W. lecture at 5 p.m. in the UC Multipurpose Room A for a discussion and workshop about women’s issues.
· Attend the women’s basketball game against Georgia Southern at 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 14:
· Celebrate Valentine’s Day by visiting the romantic Dillsboro Chocolate Factory in downtown Dillsboro for favorite candies, hot chocolate and lots of fudge
· Limber up with yoga at 5:30 p.m. at the CRC, room 208
· Become one with the wall at the BCC Climbing Wall Belay Clinic at 6 p.m. in the CRC, room 103
Friday, Feb. 15:
· Go skiing at Cataloochee with Base Camp Cullowhee at 4:30 p.m. Discounts will be applied to cost.
· Watch “Wreck-It Ralph” at 6 p.m. or 9 p.m. in the University Center Theater
· See amazing guitarist Frank Vignola at the BAC Theater at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 16:
· Take a road trip to Atlanta and visit the Georgia Aquarium with its whale sharks, spider crabs, beluga whales, and more!
· Have a Battle of Board Games with friends in your suite, the University Center, anywhere. Did you know you can rent board games from your RAs of your residential hall?
· Play Ultimate Frisbee on the Intramural Fields