Saturday, June 22:
- Visit ARF: Jackson County Humane Society’s weekly adoption fair event at Bridge Park in Sylva from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. You might find your new best friend.
- Head over to the Dillsboro Chocolate Factory for fudge, delicious drinks and fun candies.
- Get your pass to the Roscoe Poteet Swimming Pool in Sylva. Contact the Jackson County Parks & Recreation Department at 828-293-3053 for more information.
Sunday, June 23:
- Take a ride on the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad Tuckasegee Train. You can find their schedules, ticket prices and information about the museum at http://www.gsmr.com/.
- Try a new restaurant for dinner. Mulligan’s Sports Bar and Grill is located on 579 Depot Street in Franklin. They offer pizzas, quesadillas, grilled shrimp, burgers, wings, chicken parmesan and more. Visit their website at www.mulligans-bar.com.
Monday, June 24:
- Take a day trip to Asheville!
- Love literature? Asheville offers several spots to celebrate your favorite authors like the Thomas Wolfe Memorial and the home of Carl Sandburg.
- Check out the 6th annual Sculpture for the Garden exhibit at the Grovewood Gallery at 111 Grovewood Road. For more information, call 828-253-7651.
- Get lunch at 12 Bones Smokehouse on Riverside Drive. They serve dishes like baby back ribs and beef brisket. Alcoholic beverages and outdoor seating are available. They are open from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tuesday, June 25:
- Drive the Black Mountain Rag scenic road. The route is an hour and 30 minutes of turns, twists, curves and glorious scenery. For directions, go to http://www.exploreasheville.com/things-to-do/outdoor-adventures/scenic-drives/.
- Get some shopping done at Peebles in downtown Sylva. Discover your new summer style!
Wednesday, June 26:
- Start the day right with a delicious breakfast at The Coffee Shop, Sylva’s oldest cafÃ©.
- Volunteer at the Good Samaritan Clinic of Jackson County. Located on Hospital Road, the clinic helps adults with low income and no health insurance. To get involved, contact Rebecca Olson at 828-631-8711.
- See the mountains in a whole new way! Bryson City offers the Nantahala Gorge Canopy Tours with 13 zip line sections. View Fontana Lake, waterfalls and the mountains while soaring above them all.
Thursday, June 27:
- Show up at Reid Gym, room 201 with your Cat Card for a fun, wild game of dodgeball. Arrive at 4:30 p.m.; play starts at 5 p.m. Get ready to bring your game!
- The Honeycutters perform in the University Central Plaza at 7 p.m. as part of the Summer Concert Series. The concert is free. Bring your own chairs/blanket and lots of bug spray!
Friday, June 28:
- At 12:10, attend the 40-minute Hands-Only CPR class in the CRC, room 110. The event is free, but you will not receive official certification. Contact Sandy Terhune at email@example.com to preregister.
- Downtown Waynesville is “Alive at Night,” starting at 6:30 p.m. You can participate in your everyday mountain hoe down on the main streets of Waynesville with their annual Street Dances. Can’t dance? Don’t worry! There will be demonstrations and instructions for beginners.
Saturday, June 29:
- At 10 a.m., the 2013 Summertime Art & Craft Shows kick off at the Ramsey Center’s Main Arena. The two-day event showcases the Mountain Artisans and their many crafts, goods and skills. For more information, call 828-524-3405.
- Don’t miss “Kiss Me, Kate” at the Asheville Community Theater at 7:30 p.m. The musical will have you rolling from laughter and falling in love with a whole new take on Shakespeare.